Saturday, January 26, 2008

Release Date for oracle card: Life

A.L.Debran here. I wrote the story for the Life Oracle card and it releases June 6, 2008. Here's a blurb.



Veterinarian Melissa Price's lonely vampire existence depends upon three things: sex, sustenance, and occasional companionship without personal involvement. Cowboy Jaxon Granger is a womanizing chauvinist who uses women for physical pleasure and shuns emotional commitment. When destiny brings Lissa and Jax together at Jax's racehorse boarding facility, there's no going back to their former self-defeating and emotionally isolating habits. With love growing and unresolved issues in their pasts demanding confrontation and resolution, each must come to terms with the hurts that run deep in their hearts.



Writing a contemporary vampire short story was a challenge for me considering my typical writing world has been the old west with cowboys and gunsliners with 40k-100k stories. I plan to try my hand at more short stories now that I have one under my belt. I have a new appreciation and respect for those who have short story writing down to a fine science.



Apparently Tree Beard in LOTR and I have something in common when it comes to telling stories. Tree Beard said, "It takes a long time to say anything in old entish, and we never say anything unless it is worth taking a long time to say. " That's me for sure. I like to take a long time to tell a story.



I'm proud to be part of the Cobblestone family of authors and especially excited to have contributed a story to the Vampire Oracle series.

No comments: