Monday, November 19, 2007

My Inspiration

A few of my fellow Oracle authors have posted what has inspired them to write their story. I thought I would share in their inspiration. :)

I've been asked if I really wanted to name my hero from TOMB "Douglas". Apparently, it isn't too "romance-y". In fact, I don't know of any other Douglas in romance, aside from "Douglass", the heroine in Knight in Shining Armor by Jude Devereaux. Has anyone else read of a Douglas as the hero?

Well, I like the name for my hero. While I was fleshing him out, only one man came to mind. My vamp even has his curls. Who am I talking about? Mr. Ioan Gruffudd.



His name is pronounced "Yowan Griffith", in case you didn't know. He's famous for playing Horatio Hornblower in an EXCELLENT series of the same name, and also Mr. Fantastic from the Fantastic Four. More recently, he was in a movie entitled Amazing Grace, which was very well done.

For some reason, the name Douglas seems to fit Ioan, and I'm not changing it! :P Now I can only hope the story itself can do my inspiration justice!

~~Becka
http://www.RebeccaGoings.com

3 comments:

Yolanda Sfetsos said...

That's a lovely picture of him! I can see why he inspired you. And hey, I don't think there's anything wrong with the name Douglas.

I've used that name for a hero before.

Anyway, loved him in the Fantastic Four movies. :D

Becka said...

I'm finished! The book TOMB will be sitting on my editor's desk after I do the final read thru. Woohoo! :D

~~Becka

Yolanda Sfetsos said...

Congrats Becka! Yay. :D